Monday, March 12, 2007

sicky

This semester I've made it through pneumonia and multiple colds/coughs/sicknesses and thought, "If I can only make it to spring break, then I'll be fine."

With 4 tests in less than 3 days, I quit sleeping. Then went to the doctor after the 4th test only to find out that I have and have had for an indeterminable amount of time- Mono. Ew.

Really, it all makes sense now. I knew there was something wrong when I had a low grade fever every day for 2 weeks. I should have taken a break a long time ago.

So now I'm under house arrest in Dallas with no camera, no school work, no laptop, NO CAMERA. I was shuffled out of my house in Austin in an intense pain/drug induced daze that has left me without anything to sate my boredom.


The point being: I've had lots of time to ponder life and the cosmos and to read random things on the internet. This being a photo blog, I leave you with some musings on the photographic life and its intricacies in place of a photo. Please excuse my use of quotations as I am not a words or punctuation person.

"The 'photograph' does not devise something. It is evidence itself of certainty. In the case of photographs, negating that a certain something was once there is not a possibility. The photograph is nothing other than something that relates that something was there. It can be said that 'there is no future for the "photograph"' and that 'The "photograph" is an image of insanity etching out a mirror of reality.'"

-Irisawa Yoshitoki

I like the last part. It leaves room for me to do whatever I want with photography and thats just what I want to do.

No comments: