Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Back to the Homelands

Dear Prague,

It sure has been fun.

I've encountered a lot of things I hadn't expected. I've learned, grown, changed, seen, heard, met, listened, thought, felt and challenged (I could go on) every day.

It's hard to go home. I would stay for a whole semester if I could. The sinking feeling that invaded my stomach when I realized I actually did have to pack and leave was the worst.

And yet, home is not so bad.

I adore Austin. I could not have picked a better town to live in for my four (maybe four and a half) years of college and I appreciate every square foot of its eclectic character. But I don't think I can sit still for very long.

I now know more about the Czech Republic, its people, its attitudes and its dynamics. It is an incredibly strong little country chock full of rich history. The city of Prague alone has culture and opportunity flooding out of it and running into the countryside. It is a center of rapid change and growth within Europe where many have fallen stagnant.

I appreciate more than anything the power of experience. With every experience we change just a little and then we change from there, and from there and so on until our life is a string of experiences that make up who we are, how we act, what we like, dont like, eat, value, love, etc.


So Prague, you have been good to me. Better than I ever expected. I hope I come back some day to visit the city that opened my mind and my heart to unending possibility. Děkuju a naschledanou.