Thursday, April 1, 2010

SXSW Portraits

tearist 2

Yasmine Kittles and William Strangeland Menchaca make up the band Tearist. Read my review here.

portraits-3

Juiceboxxx put on a really good show. More photos here.

bun b

This man needs no introduction.

I love it when I'm like 'Hi (insert artists name here), do you have a few seconds for me to take your portrait?' and they are like 'Yeah but only if it actually takes a few seconds.'

I don't know how hard it is to be a touring musician, but I know it's hard to be a journalist following your pretentious ass around. I'm the media, we need each other, remember? Give me 5 minutes and we could really make a picture, man.

Ah well, you work with what you got, I guess. Also, many strait up said no.

'Cept for Bun B, he was a total gem. Really kind guy!

No comments: